Sunday, September 18, 2022

Saturday

Hoo, boy, what a day. 

Walked to Wal-Mart at 10:00 am to get a new router, then took it and my laptop to Asurion Tech Repair. Tyler looked it over, did a few things here and there, then told me changing the router was up to me and so was deleting the thousands of pictures, documents, and so on I've accumulated.  That's when the trouble started...

I couldn't make head nor tail of the printed directions for the router hookup, so called my darling girl. Although she was busy with school work (yes, teachers take work home regularly), she put on a YouTube instructional thing and walked me through it over the phone. Sounds simple, heh? Well, we were on for more than an  hour, with me alternately cursing and crying--certainly not at her, but at my own ineptitude.  Ellen is one of the stars of my life. Anyway, I'm back on the internet!

Suzanne had told me she was leaving about 2:00 to meet with other Sisters in L.A., where they'd work on a mutual project of some kind and combine it with a little vacation. When we were at WinCo, I was surprised she bought so much and she said she was bringing some of the food. So I put what was left of the cornbread in an appropriate container and gave it to her to share it. 

Another problem: I had picked up my new prescription--a ninety-day supply--for Atorastatin(?) on Friday afternoon, but as I was about to apportion the pills into my pill holderss, I accidentally swept them off the table and they all fell on the floor! I had one for Friday night, but yesterday, I rushed over to CVS to tell them what happened. They gave me three and told me they'd leave a message for Dr. L. so she can order more, but for me to call Monday morning to explain the situation.  

Jumped in the shower and washed my hair, then went over to GreatClips for a trim. Gigi did a nice job on it, so I felt a little more buoyant. Got home, stripped the bed, and washed the sheets with other stuff, and re-made. Sat down to watch more of the Maxwell thing, but...

AAGH! "No network connection." Tried this and that to restore, but no luck. Went back to this laptop, played Match Royale for a bit, then gave up and went to bed. At least I slept well: Got up close to 5:00 and will be back on an even keel once I get my coffee. 

Today: Santa Barbara and Betty, plus Jimmy Downes. That should be interesting...

No comments:

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...