Monday, July 30, 2018

Capri Pants And Caroline

After Kimball, I went directly to Wal-Mart (it was only 7:05 when I finished my walk), to see if they had any mediums in the Capri pants I like. They didn't, of course, but I bought different ones, plus a top. Took my BP while there and it's still low--94/67, with a 65 pulse--but I guess it's okay, as I feel fine. Home for breakfast, then I got serious about researching the Dudley thing. Worked on that until 11:30, when I left to meet Ellen for lunch at the new Stone Fire Grille. Our widder group now meets there, but I never had, as I was away for the last two gatherings.
Unfortunately, we weren't too happy with it. It was jammed, of course, being new. And it's one of those, like Sizzler, where you stand in line to order, then get an electronic gizmo, which gets your server, with food, to your location. 
Dammit, I don't want to stand in line to order. I want the server to come to my table, record my choices, then bring them to me. What annoys me no end is the fact that, presumably, you're expected to tip, even though the server only does half a serving job. I was also annoyed to see that there was also a tip jar where you put in your order. Well, the food was better than at Sizzler, anyway; I had a chopped salad, very fresh and tasty, and a really good local beer called "Chief Peak."
After, I asked El to come back to the apartment to take my picture with my Caroline outfit on, which  she did. I may need her to accompany me on the seventh, also, just to help me dress.
Betty called to ask if she can come from Friday to Sunday because Steve and family are camping. Sure, but I had to tell her I'm going to be preoccupied with prep and she understands. El left and I drove to Wal-Mart to exchange the top I had bought in the morning (medium, plum) for a larger one in navy. Went from there to town for the usual. Heard from Connie and I'll go to her place at 1:00 on Thursday.
The picture's fuzzy, but here I am in my Caroline Dudley outfit.



2 comments:

iloveac said...

Outfit looks perfect for your role. Wig is so natural looking too.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Pat; now let's see if I can pull off the talk.

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...