Thursday, August 21, 2014

Costume

Pulled a costume together--such as it is--and just did householdy stuff until time for rehearsal.
Picked Aline up for our "call" of 6:30 and did a lot of the songs, then the second (last) act.  It went very well, although my damn hat is unwieldy and uncomfortable.  Unbelievably--this outfit knows how to spend money--it was custom made by some milliner or costumer in NYC (for me to wear in Hedda Gabler) and the bill is still in the box: $175.  Considering the ribbons to tie it under the chin are too short and it's a bit off-center, not mention top-heavy, seems like highway robbery to me.
Asked Jim if I could bring a deck of cards, so Aline and I aren't just sitting at a table all night and looking at others.  He approved, and I will.  Took some pictures of cast members during rehearsal, so I can update LETCO's Facebook page.
Got an e-mail from former classmate Jeanne, who will be here for the reunion--such as that is--and will probably stay over at my place. I'm still not looking forward to it with much happy anticipation, but of course, I'll go; I never really considered doing otherwise.
Got some darling photos and a video of cutie-pie K. in a baby pool. He was a bit hesitant at first, but soon got into and splashed with abandon.
I've got some stuff going on today: Will leave early to go up to my friend's and hit the farm, then I'm picking Mary Jo F. up for lunch at 12:30; we meet again for rehearsal at 6:30.


No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...