Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Breakfast With Baby

Just an everyday day.  Cleaned the master bath, washing rugs, scrubbing shower, mopping floor and so on.  Went to Shop-Rite for chicken, made a big salad (why aren't I skinny as a rail?), and otherwise occupied myself with activities too boring to list.
Got a call from brother, Jim (Virginia).  Happily, he's well and his wife, Therese, is doing reasonably all right after surgery on her neck. She's out of rehab and can drive, but can't fully turn her head; not sure if this is something that will right itself in time or not.
Jim and I discussed the heart valve thing.  He's the oldest of my three brothers and had his replaced first (pig), about eight years ago. A few years later, youngest brother Frank (California) got a cow part at the Cleveland Clinic (both his sons are doctors and decided on there as the best place to have it).  Now, of course, Larry (Florida) is recovering from his bovine implant.  Oink, moo, moo.
High point of the day was Breakfast with Baby, which I've enjoyed several times before (it's evening for me, of course).  His Mommy and Daddy put a phone on the table (a phone that takes pictures--wow!) and precious little K. shows off his eating prowess (messy, but effective) while his adoring Nana interacts with him.  He now imitates others and what fun it was to clap, put my hands on my head, lean over, and have him follow suit.  He even initiated actions, saying "waw, waw, waw," touching his ears, and so on, and was delighted when I repeated.
He wasn't so delighted when Daddy tried to get him used to a bicycle helmet. They just bought a new bike with a seat for Baby and he must wear a helmet, but if yesterday was any indication, they'll have a war on their hands getting him to keep it on.  K. emphatically rejected it--doesn't like hats of any kind and this is hard plastic.  Let's hope he gets used to it eventually or excursions will be limited.
Aline called after; she saw The Book of Morman on Broadway on Sunday and I can't wait to hear all about it.  We discussed our date for today (we usually spend Tuesdays, her day off, together).  Will go to lunch, pick up a few things at Wal-Mart, then attend rehearsal tonight.


No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...