Thursday, July 01, 2010

Lunched with Sue from Holy Spirit and had an terrific time. She's a warm and dynamic person, and we had plenty to talk about--which we did enthusiastically for more than two hours. I intended to pay, but she insisted and when I found out she was charging it to good ol' HSHS, I was fine with that. Toyed with the idea of going to the cemetery after, but didn't.
Auditioned last night. I'm pretty sure I didn't get the part of Madame Arcati--there was a lot of competition--and I'm not so sure of the Mrs. Bradman role, either. Decided to attend tonight, too, partly to see who else is trying for what role. Well, I'll try to be philosophical if I don't get either. After all, it would cut into my travel plans; if I had to concentrate on rehearsals, I would have to work around that. So maybe it would be for the best if I don't get in the play. It means a lot of time and effort and putting other things on hold and after all, I have a fair amount of stuff to do for The Breeze--
But dammit, I want to be in it!

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
What are your travel plans?

Mimi said...

Um...well...I don't have any firmed up right now. However, son Mike invited me to meet them in Hawaii in September. If I don't take him up on that, I'd like to go to Singapore and Tokyo sometime before cold weather. California would be nice, too. For that matter, I've been wanting to drive south and end up at brother Larry's in Florida...In other words, I have nothing definite yet, but a lot of "maybes."

Saturday

Instead of taking my usual sandwich when I meet Diane for lib lunch, I made a salad. Walked over the footbridge, dropped the book off at the...