Tuesday, January 08, 2008

When I told Susan that Jen had given Joel a motorcycle, I was amazed to hear her say she used to have one. Susan is very sedate, very organized, very methodical, and is the last person in the world I can imagine riding a motorcycle. However, when she was young and married to her first husband, she rode one to work (she was a teacher, then guidance counselor). Interesting.
Dropped the car off at 9:00 and was horrified to hear the repair (a hole in the manifold intake or something) would cost $700. Aagh! But it had to be done and that's all there was to it. Now I have my darling little (actually, big, it's a Buick) car back and it's warm and cozy, so I have to stop bemoaning the cost.
Got rid of the few Christmas decorations I hadn't before--just the live wreath on the front door and big vase of pine boughs in the foyer. Galvanized myself to sweep out the garage and get a few other chores done before Pat got back from the bay and took me to Mastercraft for the car.
Today we have several things going on: We leave to see Pat's primary at Fort Dix at 9:00 and won't be back until after 11:00. I have a podiatrist appointment at 1:30, then tonight, go to the Wellspouse dinner and meeting in Manalapan. Am due at Vivian's in Barneget at 6:00 and we'll leave from there.
Congrats to brother Frank and family for Ezekiel, their new grandson, courtesy of daughter Maureen. Other daughter, Francine, is expecting momentarily--a boy to join her other two. That means all six of Frank's and Marybeth's grandchildren are of the male persuasion--wow!

1 comment:

iloveac said...

I have a neighbor (now 80) that surprised me when she told me she rode a motorbike with her husband. She too is a tiny thing, very prim and also a retired school teacher. I never would have guessed it. You just never know about people. Did you know I was a hang glider? Just kidding.
BTW, that was a typo wasn't it. Is the baby's name Ezekiel....congrats to all. Will they call him Zeke? Love it.

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...