Monday, February 26, 2024

Sunday

Washed sheets, remade, did crossword. left early for lunch with Diane. Stopped into the library first and bought two books. We met up and settled down to one of our good long talk sessions. I brought an odd lunch: I discovered I had no bread and didn't feel like stopping to get some, so I heated  up some meatballs and tomato sauce and packed them along with hard cheese and crackers, plus, of course, a can of IPA. The combination turned out to be pretty good, actually. 

We talked over our usual range of topics--spiritualism, abortion, out Catholic childhoods (similar in some ways, vastly different in others), and the annoyances of getting older. Diane wants to go to the Comic Potential matinee and I agreed to go then, too. I'm already going on the tenth with someone else, so will attend twice. We parted about 2:30 and I bused to the mall and Target. Got two grapefruits, cauliflower, and a few other items. 

Didn't get home until after 4:00 and as I passed Vickie's, she came out. She wanted to give me a slim pipe to use to disallow my sliding glass door to the patio to open, but I already have one. She came in for a bit and we had our usual "good friends" chat. After Vickie left, I immediately prepared my  cauliflower (with mayo, parm, and garlic salt), and roasted it in the oven. I wasn't very hungry, so just had about some of that for dinner. 

I'm out of the tumeric with ginger I usually buy, so contacted Greg to see if he had some in stock. He does, in a number of varieties, and I'll consider one of them.  


No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...