Tuesday, July 04, 2023

Movin' On Monday

Mike and Violet were at my door at 8:00 just as I finished breakfast. From here, we went to Starbucks for Mike to get tea (he doesn't drink coffee or alcohol); to CVS where the Singaporeans got a load of stuff for Violet to take to camp; to Barnes & Noble, where Violet got a book and Mike got several; to Target in Oxnard, where Violet got still more camp supplies, as well as a bathing suit; and finally, to Olive Garden in Oxnard, where we had lunch. They dropped me off about 2:00, as they were planning to go horse-back riding. 

I spent some time practicing my lines, (all six of them) and worked up a few actions with the cane. Regarding that: I had texted director Karyn, saying I'd like to bring a cane to rehearsal, as I had worked up some related business for her approval. Took a short nap, then walked over to Von's. I didn't find what I wanted, though, and left without buying. Continued to run over my lines and practiced with the cane. I  

Ken picked me up early for rehearsal so only Christina, the stage manager, was there and we sat and chatted with her. Jeff came soon after, then other cast members filtered in. I remembered Lindsey, a newcomer to F.A. and got acquainted with Lisa, who has theatre arts degree and had taught acting in high school until she retired. (She plays a drunk in the show.) Director Karyn, with her usual expert guidance, called for Ken's and my scene first, although it ends the play. She loved my cane idea and I loved the fact that she had Ken take it from my hand--a good touch. We went through it several times with Karyn stopping us to slightly modify some actions, and generally guiding us to a better performance. (It's a joy to have such a skillful director.) After that, happy day, we were free to go, and we did. I wouldn't have had a problem with staying and seeing the whole play, but since rehearsal was slated to last until 9:30, it was better to go. 

Ellen called to tell me Mike will pick me up this morning to take me to her place and Greg will cook us lunch on the grille. Not sure what we'll do after, but possibly fireworks.     

Note: It seems that not only Jim, but Stella thinks I'm an electronic genius. While I was waiting for Violet to try on a bathing suit, I called Ojai Business where, at Stella's request, I had emailed the file of the family picture I enhanced for her. They got the email, but wanted to know what size enlargement she wanted, which of course, I didn't know, so called Stella and told her to contact them. I hope that's the end of my running interference for those who don't want to educate themselves. BUT--I'm a fine one to talk: Mike set up my WI-FI which, it seems, never extended to the living room or something and I'm simply unable to understand what it is, let alone set it up. Modern life--it's exhausting!                                           Just to brighten up the page a little, here's a colorful--but somewhat peculiar--picture. 


No comments:

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...