Friday, August 19, 2022

Thursday

I don't know what possessed me (another of Mom's expressions) to make an 8:30 eye doctor appointment, but I did, some time ago. Ate breakfast at 7:00, an hour early, and was outside waiting for the bus at 7:45...

...which didn't come and didn't come and when it finally got here, I was frantic. I was sure I'd miss my appointment and then it would take an age before I got another. However, I calmed down when driver Pablo assured me we'd get there by 8:30. I've had Pablo before and he's a nice guy, so I cheered up. When I was taken within a few minutes of arrival, I was even cheerier. Endured the usual: drops, bright light, photograph of eyeballs, and so on. But the best part was that Dr. Rosenblatt said the (slight) macular degermation was stable and there's no other change, so I don't need to come back for a year.

I walked the mile or so to the nearby branch of The Market, hoping they had gotten my favorite 20-calorie rice cakes in. They hadn't and location to which I usually go hasn't, either--it's been weeks since they did. This supply chain problem seems to hit randomly, with plenty of items being in abundance, but others--and there doesn't seem to be any pattern--having vanished from the stores. I tried to get blush at CVS, Von's, and several other stores, but non of them had any. Finally got it at the other Market location.

From there, I walked the mile and a half to the transit center and bused home. Had lunch, then called leader Lennie to tell her I'm not going to T.O.P.S. this morning. I knew I'd be out late and will be tonight when we open again; I just wanted not to wait so long for breakfast. Later, I changed my mind and Julie will pick me up at 8:30.

Suzanne rang my bell to ask if I wanted to come over and see her pics of her recent trip Burlingame. Sure, and happily, she had managed to get them on her laptop, which were so much easier to see than on her phone. I spent a pleasant half-hour taking the tour of the lovely grounds, which include the Sisters of Mercy assistant living facility and a high school.  

Took a short nap, then just lazed around until I had a light dinner. Van took me to the on-call run-through, where I joined my tribe. Shannon brought a bottle of champagne and insisted we had to help her empty it, as she needed it for a prop. Rita, Amber, and I helped her out, I'm happy to say. The run-through went very well, and I'm looking forward to tonight's performance.

A rather bizarre note: When Ken took me home, he told me in his usual pontificating way, that the play, Hard Bargain, in which Erica, Ben, and Emma appear, is actually an allegory for the three temptations of Christ. That blew my mind, especially since "not a church play" is always added to Fractured Actors blurbs. Odd also, as it ends with Erica's character telling Ben's to go to hell and Ben responds, "stay there." Here's Erica in the piece with a blow-up of Ben's face:

 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...