Saturday, March 31, 2018

T.O.P.S.

More fog when I walked Kimball, but it cleared later. Home to change, then to T.O.P.S.
I think my body is telling me something: I weighed in at 129.4, which is a silly .5 less than last week, which was an even sillier .2 or something higher than the week before. I'm beginning to think the message is to just stay at 129.
I told the group I'm not going to San Diego at my own expense to be "honored" by strangers. At that, everybody expressed great consternation, as if I was turning down a Hollywood contract. In addition, the program, with so-called guest leader, Lora, was a horrible bore. Didn't get breakfast until 10:30, which is getting to be the norm on Fridays.
However, things improved after that. Went to WinCo and, among other things, got a nice piece of tilapia and it was on sale, always nice to see.  Better yet, Ralph's had personal watermelons at 2 for $4, which I snapped up, of course.
Best of all, Ellen called and invited me over for Easter lunch; I said I'd bring mixed watermelon and blueberries, a combination I like a lot and eat often. Greg works at 2:00, so we'll eat with him, then take a walk or something. We had a long talk, too; I'm always interested in what she's doing, in and out of the classroom.
Did the town walk, natch, then home.

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...