Wednesday, July 29, 2026

TUESDAY AND LUCY THE ELEPHANT

 Had a great time at Two Trees for lunch with Catherine and Julie. I hadn't see Julie for some time and Kathryn (I'm not positive how to spell it!) is no longer going T.O.P.S., so I haven't seen her either. The latter offered to pick me up for the BCNN meeing a week from today, to that will be good.  Got home in time for dime Bingo, but didn't win a single one; I enjoyed it, though. 

I was delighted when niece Carolyn texted me to ask if she and my Chicago niece could see me on Thursday. Miranda is Betty's granddaughter, and daughter of her oldest son, Wes (attorney, divorced, remarried, with a blended family of five girls and a boy). Carolyn invited Ellen, too, and I just talked to her. She'll make arrangements for us to meet and go to lunch.

The dining room is back in operation and I sat with Kathie, Keith, and LaVerne. After dinner, Trudie, who does the trivia thing, asked me about Lucy the elephant, as a question was "where is Lucy located?" I was amazed that neither she or those surrounding her had ever heard of Lucy! I explained what and where she is, some of her history, and so on. Later, I started asking random residents if they knew about Lucy--none of them did! To top it off, none of them had ever heard of Absecon Island, Ventnor, Margate, or Longport!  Boy, these Californians are provincial! 😁

After dinner, I finally got the letters my mother had sent to her children copied for Mike, Vivian, and Violet. I'll also send the letter Betty sent me when I stayed in Florida (1956) and the note Carolyn sent me along with the letters. Must get to the post office to send them.

No comments:

TUESDAY AND LUCY THE ELEPHANT

 Had a great time at Two Trees for lunch with Catherine and Julie. I hadn't see Julie for some time and Kathryn (I'm not positive ho...