Having had so little sleep, I took an hour nap after taking a white wash to the laundry room. Felt a little more chipper after, but could still use more sleep.
The plumbing project in the dining room and kitchen was started yesterday, so residents will now have to go downstairs and pick up their meals to go. This is scheduled to last for a week. I usually don't go to breakfast--I have coffee and toast in my apartment--but I did, at about 8:15. It was surprisingly easy and fast: The servers were there with containers already filled (I got scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, and raisin bread) and what's more, the hot things were hot. It was pretty good, too.
Retrieved my wash from the dryer before going to the "BBQ lunch." The kitchen staff was barbequing outside and included the usual--I had a hot dog and pasts salad--and Keith and I sat by ourselves in the multi-purpose room. Resident Elaine came in, as she was about to host a painting class.
I had bought via Amazon, three tops and they came yesterday. They were very inexpensive, but I'm not sure I like one of them--may give it away.
Picked up my boxed dinner (chicken salad sandwich) and ate in the multi-purpose room with Bea, Keith, and LaVonne. I was interested to hear that the latter two had originated in a certain area of Missouri and had mutual acquaintances. Small world.
Talked to Katherine. She and Julie will pick me up noon and we'll lunch at Two Trees.
No comments:
Post a Comment