Thursday, November 07, 2019

Blood, Warm And Cold

Walked over to Quest Diagnostic in Von's when they opened at 8:00 and got stuck first thing. After breakfast, I did a color wash; decided to do whites today.  After they were finished, I went back to Von's for paper products. I knew they'd be bulky, so I took my trusty cart.  Got asparagus and cottage cheese besides the paper towels and t. paper.
Scrubbed and thin-sliced three zucchini, added chopped onions and seasoning, then divided it--some in the freezer and some I ate with dinner last night.
Lunched, then took the back way to the bank to get quarters, then to the store I favor for tomatoes and mushrooms. I had intended to take a bus back, but walked instead. I was carrying about four pounds on each side, so it was a little strenuous, but I made it fine and felt good after.
Did more food prep--roasted tomatoes and onions, plus sliced some strawberries--after perusing stories about the murders in Kansas* on YouTube.
Darn, I probably should have called the Access Van to get to the Rubicon tonight. Terri said she'd drive me home, but we're meeting at 6:30 and I'll have to get the bus there when it's dark. Oh, well, there's plenty of light on the streets and I'll make it.
*The Clutter murders, of course. I used to own In Cold Blood and have read it several times, but I donated it when I moved to Ventura.  A week from tomorrow, November 15, is the sixtieth anniversary of the massacre. I had forgotten what a damn fine writer Capote was and am enjoying this--in a macabre kind of way.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...