Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Rut

Talk about being in a rut; yesterday was just more of the same, aside from going to Office Depot to play around on the laptop. I still didn't buy it, but the sale is on until Friday.
I wore my coat to walk Kimball and found the buttons--there are only three--are very loose. Just sew them up, right? Sure, if you have a needle and thread, but if I do, I couldn't find them. Went to the 99 Cent Store to get a little kit and picked up some more reading glasses at the same time, as well as napkins.
The kit came with white, black, navy, and red thread, ten needles, a cloth measuring tape, and a little pair of scissors, all in a small, zippered case. Perfect, right? Wrong. I couldn't get a needle out without dismantling the round thing it was in and the tape was impossible to unwind. That's what I get for going cheap; I'll just go to Wal-Mart and simply get a needle and thread.
Got my train tickets. Now I have to figure out how I'll get to the train station on the fifteenth, when I'll go to Alameda (via Oakland). It will be about 7:00 am and Ellen wasn't enthusiastic about taking me, as it's a work day. I hate to ask Suzanne, as she took me to the hotel to get the shuttle to LAX, then picked me up when I got back. I looked into Uber and Lyfte and think I'll take one of them.
Victor S. called me back finally and said he would transfer my stuff to the laptop and set it up. I'll call him to set a time after I actually buy it.
Did the museum to library walk, of course, and continued the Judy Garland book. I was a little down, I guess. I found out on Facebook that Mike and family are going to Germany for Christmas. It isn't that I mind so much they're not coming here this year, it's just that he didn't bother to tell me before posting it. I feel hurt.

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...