Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Shopping And So On


After a slow start, I got a lot accomplished.  Started the Sunday crossword puzzle after breakfast and was then overcome by a strong urge to sleep. Lay down on the couch, put the quilt over me, and slept until I was awakened by a call from Betty.  I must have been out for about, incredibly, three hours, but when I got up, I was refreshed and raring to go.
I had several items on my "get" list, including a top to wear to the show tonight.  After trying on innumerable ones, I finally got a draped sleeveless one, over which I'll wear something.  
After Kohl's, Staples, and Shop-Rite, I didn't get home until almost 5:00.  Had part of a rotisserie chicken for dinner and will leave the rest for Betty and my friend, both of whom will be here for the show.
I was delighted to get Skyped by the beautiful baby boy and we cyber-visited for some time.  He's so precious and very animated and interested in what he sees.
Double delight: After that, I was "visited" by Ellen and we talked about her Thanksgiving and mine, among other topics.  I'll see her in real life, soon, I'm happy to say.
Got a nice call from Muckie, expressing her regret that she can't get to the show tonight.  I was sorry, too, as she had planned to come.   We had a good talk, though. 
I wish, wish, wish, I didn't have that damn luncheon today, but I got salad ingredients and, as promised, will pull together one before I go.   

   

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...