Saturday, May 15, 2010

Guess I'm just going to hell in a handbasket (from whence did I dredge up that expression? Dunno)--I slept until quarter of seven! However, virtuous Mimi dressed quickly, grabbed her portable record player (it hasn't been called that for the past fifty years? Oh.), and hit the sidewalk, even though Susan's away for the weekend. Tomorrow I'll make a point of getting up at a decent hour--my usual, 5:30.
Bob, the guy who blows out my sprinkler system (wow, that sounds provocative) noticed that my tree out front is looking sickly, decided at a glance it's infested with parasites, and advised me to get rid of it and plant a new one. Aghast, I finally looked and noticed the leaves are all droopy. Now this is a mature tree which has been here seven years and has been well heretofor. I called Meticulous, our landscaper, and their guy, Jerry, came over, took one look and said it probably needs water. Told me to leave the hose at a trickle for twenty minutes or so every other day and see if that does the trick. Nice going, Jerry! (You're battin' zero, Bob.)
Earlier, I had gone to the cemetery to water there, then went to Bob's and bought some lovely red salvia and little gold flowers, which I had intended to plant around the sick tree. Now I'll put them in the front flower bed until I see if I can nurse poor thirsty tree back to health.
Earlier still, I finally sent off (electronically, of course) the last of the articles for The Breeze. We'll get the proofs back shortly (also via computer), go over them, then meet on the 24th to compare notes. Geez, this project took an enormous amount of time and effort. Of course, it's the first one, so there were snafus here and there, but it's finally done and I hope done properly. We have a short deadline for the July issue, so I made a date for the 26th to interview my next "profile" couple, Marty and Norma H.

No comments:

Friday

Weight: home down a pound to 124.4; T.O.P.S., down .03 to 125.2, so okay. The meeting was the usual: therapy session and general chat for mo...