Friday, October 23, 2009

Went to the Food Pantry in the afternoon with Barb D., after running a lot of errands earlier. We had quite a few "customers," many of them young mothers struggling to feed their children. What a country, where bombs instead of butter are the priorities.
When I got home, I was tickled to get a phone call from some bank or other--I think Chase--to inform me that I had won a $50 Visa gift certificate, a result of registering at that "Senior Expo" a few weeks ago. Can't wait to tell Mary, as we both complained about getting follow-up calls from sales reps--but hey, I didn't mind this one.
Got a call from Jack B., who's recently back from Florida and a cruise to the Bahamas. Heard from my little Mikey, who is having a portable crib shipped here from Amazon and asked me to ship it off to Singapore when it arrives. Bought a long grey wig for my "Maurya" role, which I may have to cut. It's ironic: I'm going today to get my hair colored. If I let it grow out, I wouldn't need a wig, but hell, no, I won't go--
grey, that is.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...