Friday, April 24, 2009

Spent hours yesterday getting my postcard collection in better shape. I calculate I have between 1500 and 2000 and most are already categorized, but not all. I'm going through every one; have completed two boxes and have three to go, plus a pile of loose ones. Now that I have two possible buyers--the owner of Unshredded Nostalgia and the woman who contacted me via Craig's List--I may be able to hold out for the higher bidder.
Must also start assembling my Dionne Quintuplet display for the library. I understand I can go in next Friday to set it up.
Not much else going on.
Wider: This, by Tom Engelhardt in Anti-War.Com, rang a bell with me, considering I'm still absorbed in Columbine:
"Only this week, our media was filled with ceremonies and remembrances centered around the tenth anniversary of the slaughter at Columbine High School. Twelve kids and a teacher blown away in a mad rampage. Who has forgotten? On the other side of the planet, there are weekly Columbines."
But that's in the middle east and surely they don't love their children as much as people in Littleton, Colorado--do they?

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...