Saturday, April 08, 2023

Good Friday (Well, it was good for me, not so sure for....)

Having skipped T.O.P.S., I had time to prepare for what I was donating to Goodwill and pack my cart. Left at 10:00 and walked to Telephone Road to catch the 11 bus to Petit Avenue. Boy, the cart was heavy; it was a relief to unload the stuff. I got a receipt (yes, I take this off my income tax), then browsed around the store. Grocery Outlet is next door, so I went there and bought some Chardonnay. Texted Diane that I was on my way and walked the half-mile or so to the park across from her place.

She was already out there, waved me over, and we proceeded to eat lunch, then talk and talk and talk--for three hours. Her sister's going to be visiting in a few weeks and they plan to go to San Luis Obispo. I told her I'd look up the pictures from my last trip there and send to her. She asked if I wanted to go on Monday to the BCNN "ladies lunch," one of the many off-shoots of the main club. Thought I would, but later changed my mind. I had told Ellen I'd kitty-sit from Tuesday to Thursday while she and Greg go to San Luis Obispo (she's on spring break), so I'll be preparing for that. 

We said goodbye and I bused to the transit center; got the 6 bus home from there. Called the Access Van to take me to El's today; she'll drive me home on Sunday. I had a good, mostly vegan dinner, then watched an hour of the old Forensic Files and turned in. Didn't get up until 4:30, which isn't ideal for me, but not bad, either.  

No comments:

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...