Tuesday, October 26, 2021

RAIN!

And not just the three-drips-and-it's-over California rain, but a full, vigorous downpour--a real rain! Of course, the Ventura Star headlined it as if World War III was upon it.  It was kind of nice to experience for a change, plus it meant I didn't have to water the patio. 

I put on my boobs (boots!), took my umbrella, and walked to the post office to pick up some medium, one-price boxes. I plan to send some things--notably, my big flannel bathrobe--to Jersey. May send the boots, too. I called Donna and tomorrow, she'll come to pick up her Dad's Rider yearbooks and scrapbook. I enjoyed looking at them, but don't want to keep them here while I'm away.

Got lots of other crapola out of the way: changed my endocrinologist appointment to December 5, eye doc appointment to next year (January 5, 2022), and paused delivery of the paper while I'm gone. Noreen called to thank me again for the T.O.P.S. skit I wrote for her group. Julie, back from her cruise, called to ask if I wanted to go to the supermarket tomorrow. I don't, as I need to eat up what I already have, but I'll see her at T.O.P.S. on Friday. 

I surprised myself by taking a nap after lunch; slept for about two hours. Later, the bad news: It's just too long and involved to go into, but my major credit card is now void and I'll be sent a new one. It was my fault--I should remember not to think I have to do something right away, when it can wait. Anyway, I have others, so I guess it's not a disaster, but it's just another problem, which seem to be swarming lately. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...