Thursday, July 04, 2019

The Pace

Keeping up the pace--and I might collapse when the week is over.
Slept until almost 7:00 and left for Ojai after coffee, but before breakfast because I just wasn't hungry. Fed Sebastian and left. By the time I got in, after 10, I was ready to eat, so did.
Did this and that--I don't remember what, aside from lots of computer stuff, including exchanging a number of emails with Nancy, Diane, and Carolyn.  Had lunch late, then Stella texted and called. She had an appointment in Ventura and asked if I wanted her to drop me off on Main. I thanked her, but no, I was driving myself and didn't want to stay too long.
Went back to Ojai at 3:00, read for a bit at El's and called her, then fed Sebastian about 4:15, and left.
Got to rehearsal early and we had a long session. We did a lot of stops-and-starts and blocking changes, which are necessary, but require concentration. I'm getting to know Gwen who's in her middle sixties and plays my daughter and the grandmother of the baby. During break, we walked outside and chatted; I think I'll ask her out to lunch. Jeff wants us off-book after the next session; I've been diligently studying my lines and think that's a reasonable assumption. I like his directing style--very diligent, but very encouraging; he acts himself and understands a player's fragile ego. He asked us to come in next time with our perception of what's going on in our character's mind and emotions--something I also ask my acting students to do.  I'll add a little back story to mine.
Rehearsal ran late, so I didn't get home until close to 10 and to bed after that. I'll be leaving for Ojai shortly, as I want to walk with the peace group in the parade. Will stay over at Ellen's; after their trip to San Luis Obispo, she dropped the girls off at Carolyn's in Santa Barbara, where they'll visit for a few days. They then return and go to camp in Ojai--active summer!


No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...