Sunday, August 12, 2018

Saturday and Sheri

Walked Kimball so early I was actually finished and back in my car before 7:00. At that early hour, a huge sun blazed orange in the sky.  Took a picture. Got gas before I went home.
I went into my bank autopay to have my rent deducted at eighty dollars higher, starting in September. For some reason, I had all kinds of problems I don't even want to enumerate. Went to that entity from Hell, B of A,  to see if it could be straightened out.  The guy told me what to do, but it didn't work when I got home. To make a l. s. s., after more frustration and two phone calls, I think it finally is on correctly. Damn, what a drag.
Went to the credit union which, it seems, has the only coin counter in southern California and that had been nonoperational for a week. They do take ten percent of the total, but it beats rolling them myself. I walked out of there with a tidy twenty-three bucks and change.
I was delighted when Ellen called to see if I wanted to go to lunch today. Yes, indeed, and I'll go to her place at noon. She was at school preparing for the onslaught, which will start on the sixteenth. Wow, really early, but they are getting a week off in October for the first time.
Went for the town walk and found a crocheted, lacy kind of shawl that will go perfectly with my Caroline Dudley outfit. Bought it for a song, as it was at The Coalition thrift store. Stopped for blueberries and grapes on the way home.
At 9:00, I was in bed reading and was just about to turn off the light when the phone rang. Who...?  What...? It was Sheri O., asking if I'd like to go to the fair today (last day) to see a Dudley shadow box she had assembled. Told her I already had an engagement (lunch with Ellen). Should have told her please not to call me at that ungodly hour unless she had word of a meteor aimed at my place. I will if it happens again.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...