I almost never post two entries in a day, but my journal-y one is so long and this is important, so that's what I'm doing. Mr. Hornberger expresses my sentiments perfectly. He mentions the clergy urging "prayers for our troops." I stopped into a catholic church (from which I liberated myself years ago) in Margate the other day to wait for my sister. The deacon prayed the usual prayers, then intoned that church-goers should "pray for the safety of our men and women in the military." What? For sheer hypocrisy, this takes the cake: supposed followers of the Prince of Peace praying for "our military." Not for the victims of "our military," of course, not for the non-combatants (by far the majority) slaughtered by "our military, but for those who, like that odious sniper who's lauded as a hero, have made the conscious decision to kill strangers. Makes me sick. Hornberger's take on the subject is well worth reading:
http://fff.org/2012/09/21/why-support-the-troops/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
FRIDAY AND MEMORIES OF KEITH
When Mary Ann picked me up for T.O.P.S., I told her I preferred not to go to breakfast after all. I was tired and just didn't feel up to...
-
Had a delightful lunch with my new (Wellspouse) friend, Mary L. yesterday. No problem getting to TGI Friday's in Toms River--in fact, ...
-
Thursday, August 23: Lunch with the most recent gang of company was nice. Had the menu I planned and everybody seemed to like it; just serve...
-
A. came again and I went to an Atlantic City School Board meeting last night with Dennis and Leslie. The idea was to support a parent (an at...
3 comments:
When will church goers who share those beliefs stand up IN CHURCH and declare "no" to such pleas?
I'm afraid I have the answer to that, Pat: When Hell freezes over.
Sadly, I agree.
Post a Comment