Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Busy

Another busy and productive day.  (Why do days have to be "productive," anyway?  Must be my catholic school upbringing...)
Left about 11:00, first stopping at the train station in Absecon to get my tickets to Philly, then went to Shop-Rite and Santori's on Jimmie Leeds Road for various and sundry.  Met catering manager, Lori, at Italian Gourmet at our agreed time, 1:30, and nailed down the details for the party for John next week. 
I'm not sure how it came about that I'm doing all the arranging and deciding--I guess I just did it, as everybody else was dithering around with nothing happening.  Turns out we have to change the time from 6:00.  I just picked that out of a hat, but it seems there's a lot going on there that night and it has to be either 6:30 or 4:30.  Damn, that was a dilemma.  I had to make an executive decision and made it 4:30.  I was worried that I'd get cries and lamentations if people thought they'd have to drive home in the dark, so...  I hope John, the guest of honor, won't have any problem with that.  Decided on the buffet and Lori will send me the contract shortly.  Once I sign, I have to submit a deposit and then be responsible for 15 diners, no matter how many show up.
That took about 40 minutes and after, I drove farther south to Canal's to replenish my wine cellar, then to Produce Junction.  Got Brussels sprouts and broccoli, and when my eye fell on some nice Gerber daisies in pink, I bought four pots to put in front.  Also got a pretty flowering plant I'll give to Linda when I see her on Friday.
Finally got to Boscov's and tried on every damn thing in the store.  I hate shopping for clothes, but finally bought pedal pushers (capris?), both checked, one black and white, the other green and same.
Got home past 5:00 and made and received several phone calls.  Typed out an update on the dinner for John and was extremely frustrated when, although I was using the same address list that went out successful before, it wouldn't go through; said three address were in error.  After trying all kinds of things, I finally just piggy-backed it as a forward with my earlier message.
Ellen called on Skype and we had a good talk.  We decided to get "mani-peds" or whatever it's called--a manicure and pedicure during one visit to the salon.  She's done it before, but I never did.  I'm getting downright wild. 

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...