Sunday, September 19, 2010

Essentially, spent the day on errands, washing clothes, and so on. Called Dee at 15 South; she was astounded to hear from me, simply because,, she said, she had just been thinking about me. (These supernatural/ESP/angels in my armpits types can get tiresome.) I had thought the house had been sold, but apparently not. Didn't ask her, but will get the lowdown when we meet for lunch on Tuesday.
Was chagrined to hear from Mike that they're not going to Australia for Christmas after all, but will go to San Francisco with a side trip to Lake Tahoe. Don't think I'll be able to join them on the day itself, but am musing about the possibility of seeing them there before or after. Considering I hope to go to Asia in February, I'm not so sure it would make sense just for a short time. We'll see.
WIDER: I found a remarkable and invaluable site which carries free documentaries: http://freedocumentaries.org/int.php?filmID=87
I'm now watching And Orwell Rolls In His Grave, about the complete and absolute surrender of mass media to corporate America. It's enthralling, depressing, and enough to make you give up. But I'm not giving up; I'm looking forward to seeing others on this site, too.

No comments:

Friday

Weight: home down a pound to 124.4; T.O.P.S., down .03 to 125.2, so okay. The meeting was the usual: therapy session and general chat for mo...