Thursday, February 26, 2009

Last session of our Monologue Workshop was last night. I know I did well in my presentation, as I was assured by the director and others. In fact, all five participants improved greatly. I'm looking forward to participating in the Tuckerton Seaport presentation in April--assuming, of course, that my life circumstances allow it. In my next life, I want to come back as an actress.
Frank Next Door stayed here with Pat and they watched a hockey game together. I wonder what it's like to be able to simply go somewhere without forethought and preparation.
In the morning, I dropped donations off at the thrift store and got a few things at B.J.'s.--Pat still asleep when I got home.
Wider: Chris Floyd, at "Empire Burlesque" comments in his usual intelligent style on what many hopefuls believe is Obama's promise to withdraw troops in Iraq--while leaving 50,000 there for various, trumped up reasons. In fact, Floyd believes he lies and points out that his expressed intention...
:...entrenches the United States more and more deeply in a "counter-insurgency" war on behalf of whichever clique or faction of sectarian parties in Iraq is the most effective in adhering to America's dominationist agenda in the region. It sends an apparently endless stream of American troops to die -- and, in even greater numbers, to kill -- in a criminal action that has helped bankrupt our own country while sending waves of violent instability and extremism around the world. It will further enfilth a cesspool of corruption and war profiteering that has already reached staggering, world-historical proportions."
But gee, Floyd is such a cynic! He should quit all the whining about political lies and treachery. We know the Dear Leader was the anti-war candidate; that's why so many voted for him. So he's gotta be the anti-war president, right? Stands to reason.
Now leave me alone and let me go back to sleep.

No comments:

Friday

Weight: home down a pound to 124.4; T.O.P.S., down .03 to 125.2, so okay. The meeting was the usual: therapy session and general chat for mo...