Friday, September 28, 2007

Got to Weight Watchers early yesterday and chatted with a young woman. (Leslie's in Cleveland, so I went by myself.) We exchanged WW stories and I casually asked how long it took her to get to goal weight. "Eighteen months," she said. And how much did she lose?---------A hundred and forty-three pounds!
To say I was blown away is an understatement. Boy, oh brother, it's almost impossible to imagine losing that much. That's more than I want to weigh when I'm finished! Anyway, it was great to get acquainted with this tall, slender young woman who must be delighting in her new persona.
Didn't stay for the lecture because I wanted to get home, eat breakfast, then get down to Ventnor, which I did about noon.
Took Betty to the post office, then we went to Saladworks. Great place; they have "set" salads, but also let you design your own, which I opted to do. It was delicious, but of course, I ate only half and took the rest home; finished it at dinner.
Betty and I then went to Bob's Garden Center on the Black Horse Pike. This place is big and has great plants. I found some crepe myrtle, but they didn't have many and were either too low (miniatures) or didn't look healthy. Will look further, but may have to wait until spring to get them.
I bought a half-flat of winter pansies, though, and am thinking about putting them around the tree in the front. I would then have the mums and daisies for the flower bed. Want to get mulch, too, which I'll have to do today if I want Alison and Mike to spread it on Sunday.
Stayed at Betty's for another hour or so, but I had told Pat I'd be home for dinner, so left about 4:00. Today, she's going to her Miseracordia (nursing school) reunion--50th!--in Philly, then will leave from there to go back to California. We both cried when we said goodbye. I'll miss her so much, but hope she'll be back before too long, which is a possibility.
Must make the chocolate cake today for the Wellspouse excursion tomorrow. Have to get to the clubhouse to run off 330 copies of the flier for the newsletter, then stay to stuff the newsletter. Also want to run into Manahawkin for the mulch. Have a few other errands, too, so my day's shaping up as busy, but easily doable.

1 comment:

Dee's Blog said...

I can't imagine losing 143 lbs, you said she was tall, that does make a difference. My weight on someone small would be fat but I am 176 and far from fat. I just have to rearrange my body. LOL
It must be very difficult to leave Betty especially when she is so far away. I know you can't just hop on a plane to go see her but that would be nice. Thank God for telephones.

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...