Thursday, September 06, 2007

Got up late today--6:30--so didn't have time to make an entry until now, when I got back from our walk.
Yesterday, got a call from Patti at Ocean County Community College, Academy of Lifelong Learning Division, letting me know they didn't have enough sign ups for my "Job-Hunting for Seniors" class this time, so it's canceled. I'm partly disappointed--it was fun to do--but otherwise, relieved, as it took a lot of time and effort. OCCC is in Brick, beyond Toms River, and it took me more than an hour to get there. Patti called again a few minutes later to say that one of my prospective students asked if I would call him and assist him privately. I'll at least talk to him, but I'm not anxious to get into private consulting, so am not sure where that will lead, if anywhere.
Amy C. called. We're co-chairs for the Tricky Tray event we're running for the Women's Club at the October meeting. Each member is to drop off at one of our houses an unwrapped, $10 item. At the meeting, we display them on tables; members buy tickets and drop them into containers we have next to the items. The winners are then drawn from the tickets.
This is always a fun event, with people oohing and aahing over the items, vying for those they like most, and playfully complaining if they don't win. We use the proceeds for several charities we support, including the local EMT squad and scholarships at Pinelands Regional High.
I called the JCC in Margate and found their Caregivers' Group will meet October 3. Guess I'll go--and I'll get in touch with Hazel to see if she wants to join me.
SIL Regina called and we had a nice chat. Bill's back is bothering him a lot, she said, but he was out riding his bike--the same one he fell off a few months ago and broke his leg. Hope we can get over there to see them one of these days.
Later: Okay, I didn't gain, but I lost a silly quarter pound. It's all right, but I'm going to increase my exercise and cut down a bit more. May go vegetarian for the week. For the record: I'm now at 167.6, down a total of 32 pounds.

1 comment:

Dee's Blog said...

Rosemary that fundraiser project really sounds great. Will have to remember that for the future. Years ago I belonged to the local Women Club but nothing ever got done except for the scholarships. The fundraiser was Bingo and Spaghetti dinner, they never wanted to try anything new. I was so bored I finally left.
You are doing so great with WW, accept your quarterpound at least you did not gain.

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...