Monday, June 07, 2010

Ran a lot of errands, including a produce excursion. Bought spaghetti and butternut squash, broccoli, cauliflower, and a few other things. After lunch, I finally weeded the strawberry bed. It's been yielding some good berries, but too many lie on the ground and get ruined in the mud or the rabbits eat them. Decided to go to Bob's and see what I could find to maybe train them to vine up or something. Picked up some low plastic fencing-type material and put that in, but I don't think it will work. However, when daughter Ellen called last night, she said what the strawberry farm near her does is put plastic on the ground and the berries lie on that. Think I'll try it.
While at Bob's I picked up two more Riegal begonias. Will plant them with the pink ones next to the garage. Went to the cemetery to water; the flowers look pretty good at both graves.
After weeding and so on, I was soaked with sweat, so pulled on my suit and went to the pool. Chatted with Julie and Gary while there. The water was great, and I stayed a full hour. Actually went in the water twice. Lots of people park themselves by the pool and sit there all day, reading or visiting with neighbors, but I get bored and restless.
We finally got some rain late in the day, but only for a few minutes. I had already watered out back--put the drip hose on--but I guess more didn't hurt.

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...