Tuesday, October 02, 2018

Stella

Another full day. After walking Kimball and breakfast, I fooled around some more with the T.O.P.S. game--it's coming together, I hope. Changed and went out for the widder group lunch at Stone Fire Grill.
As promised, I met Stella outside; she had brought someone else: Needa, also  in Diane's meditation group, but that was fine. I took them in and introduced them. Needa and Gayle are similar types and bonded instantly. I sat Stella next to Nancy and they compared notes as neighbors in Oak View.
Since I had driven over, I had only water with a  mediocre Greek salad and bread sticks. There was, as ever, some good talk. When we were leaving, Stella asked if I wanted to walk just around the neighborhood and I agreed. However, she had sandals on and had forgotten other shoes, so asked if she could meet me in town. Well, okay, but I'd be leaving the car home and taking the bus, so I wouldn't be there until about 3:00. Fine by her, and we met on The Promenade.
Stella kept repeating how she "couldn't walk much," but by the time we parted, we had gone at least four miles. We met at the Aloha, walked to the pier, walked the length of that, then to Surfer's Point, the bike path up to Main, and back to the Crown Plaza. I didn't push her; she kept insisting she wanted to walk. She does tend to stroll and I walk briskly, so I had to slow down a bit, but it was okay.
By the time we got back to The Promenade, it was close to 5:00 and we stopped at the seaside Crown Plaza patio for appetizers (I had a Modello, Mexican beer, Stella coffee). Said goodbye, I walked back to Main and caught a bus. Didn't get home until after 7:00, when it was close to full dark, but I had enjoyed the day.
Nothing scheduled for today and now I must catch up with all the myriad chores I've been putting off.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...