Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Day After

Walked Kimball--the full way 'round this time--and had breakfast before getting to Ellen's at about 9:45. We took off for Santa Barbara shortly after, arriving at Carolyn's in forty-five or so.
Steve, Robyn, and Dexter were there, as well as Betty, and we exchanged gifts. I had brought Calvin a rubber pig, which made a huge hit--with him and everybody else. I had wrapped it in tissue paper and he opened it himself, tossing bits of paper all over the floor.  
Calvin just loved that pig! It made a noise--a loud, rude one reminiscent of somebody with a stomach ailment--and he kept grabbing and shaking it, as if he had a live prey.  Claire and Dex took him out the yard and threw it for him to run after.  This lasted for ten minutes or so before Calvin tore poor Mr. Piggy to shreds.
We exchanged some gifts, had some wine and appetizers, chatted and laughed. The L.A. contingent left in a few hours, as Robyn had a bad cold. El and I stayed until about 4:00, then left to meet Greg at his mother's place.  Picked him up and we walked to the Santa Barbara Mission, about a mile away, so we covered two there and back.  I was glad we had, as I missed my town walk.
We strolled around the mission and grounds--a beautiful place--then went to a little Thai restaurant (I had spring rolls, which were very good) for dinner. After, we dropped Greg off after, then drove back to Ojai. El invited me to stay over rather than drive home--by that time, it was almost 9:00--but I didn't have anything with me, so didn't. I had no problem getting back, called El as she had requested to tell her I had arrived safe and sound, and went to bed to sleep deeply.
As much as I enjoy these pleasurable deviations from the norm, I'll be happy to get back to my regular life, I guess because I like it so much.


No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...