Saturday, April 05, 2014

Cast Party

Oh, gawd, am I hung over!
Well, I'm exaggerating a bit, but I did have a lot of wine at the cast party last night.  I have no idea what time I got home, but considering we didn't leave Surflight until well after 11:00, and stayed more or less to the end of the party, it must have been about two am.  Was awakened by a phone call from Betty at--get this--10:45 this morning!
"Hedda" went well, although, disappointingly, the audience again was sparse.  My pal, Vivian L., was there, that sweet thing (I met her through WellSpouse) and so were Maureen and Carl K., which reminds me--ugh--that I still have to write that profile on them.
I was thrilled that Grey L. was there, all the way from Margate.  He had first been cast as "George," my nephew, but came down with a lingering illness and had to withdraw.  He was greeted with enthusiasm by the rest of the cast--aside from Neil, that is--and we all had a fine time together at the cast party.
Mary and Jim really do about the best parties around.  Of course, they have the perfect venue for it: a very large all-purpose room with a huge fireplace and big bar stocked with every version of wine, beer, and hard stuff imaginable. Laid out there were shrimp, salmon, deviled eggs, nuts, chips, dips, and innumerable other nibbles.  A wide doorway leads to the kitchen, which is equipped with a wood-burning stove and huge island.  Here there was a big cake with "Congratulations to the Cast and Crew of Hedda Gabler," along with cheesecake, chocolates, and several varieties of cookies.  
Earlier--this entry runs backward, it seems--Aline and I went to Dynasty for lunch.  I felt I needed an outing after keeping my nose to the theatrical grindstone all this time and we enjoyed it.
So two more performances, then back to real life.  I'll miss Hedda, but certainly won't miss that interminable drive to and from LBI.
 

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...