Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Full

A good, full day.  Called old friend, Marilyn, to find she was up in Canton (PA), her hometown, visiting her mother.  This is only a half-hour or so from Wellsboro and she asked if I'd like to ride up with her for Mother's Day.  I probably won't, but hope to another time.  We made a date for lunch in Trenton on Friday; I'll be in the area for an errand, anyway.
Picked up Aline at our usual 12:30 and we went back to El Rancho.  Betty joined us and we had a good, convivial time.  A. and I then went on to Manahawkin, where I tried on bathing suits at Kohl's--agh!  First of all, they were all hideous and second, they made me look like a pregnant whale.  I had left my other one at the motel in Wellsboro, no tragedy, as I hated it anyway.
Howsomever--Aline tried on shoes and when I saw a pair she had chosen, I tried them on and found they seem to be comfortable on my callus-plagued left foot, so wanted to buy the same.  However, they had no more in my size (9), so I called on the "on-line phone" at the office.  I was gratified to realize the shoes were originally $59.95, but reduced to $33.95, and I had a store credit for $10, plus a 30 percent discount.  Final cost: $16.79--whee!  Plus, they'll be mailed to my home for no charge. 
Went to B.J.'s, where I picked up some items, and it was after 5:00 when I dropped A. off.  Stopped at Rite-Aid and Acme after, then rolled home. 
Good grief, it's May already!  Must think about getting the flower beds in shape.  

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...