Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I confess: I violated my own rule. Went to Shop-Rite for a few items and, as soon as I walked in, saw the beautiful poinsettias. I love the bright red ones and every Christmas, decorate with them. (The pinks and whites seem anemic and half-hearted to me. As for artificial--ugh! And as for the glitter fad--double ugh! Those who perpetrate such a crime against Nature should be dipped in the stuff themselves.) Well, these were so beautiful, I bought three large plants and four smaller ones. Put some in the foyer and some on the coffee table and they look lovely.
Naturally, once I did that, I had to remove the fall decorations and put up some Christmassy ones from the stash I have with which I could open a shop. It looks so nice in an understated way. Now, if I can just restrain myself by adding a lot more stuff, it'll be fine. I put up artificial wreaths, but intend to buy a fresh one today for the front door.
Invited the D.'s and the R.'s for dinner next week. Spanky K. is on dialysis three days a week (he's diabetic and just lost a leg to the disease) and weekends are best for them, so I suggested next Saturday or Sunday.
Had a nice sisterly chat with Betty, who's still in Chicago with son Wes and his family. Katie had to go to L.A. on business and she's helping with the two little girls.
Brother Larry and SIL Helen may be staying over for two days, as her sister's funeral is Friday in Pennsy. Not sure if they will, but I prepared for them and will enjoy having them again.
Sent my darling kiddies e-mail addresses for those to invite to my birthday party. Right now, it shapes up to quite a few, but it is four days before Christmas, so many probably won't be able to come.
WIDER: Stumbled over the picture below and it puts me in mind of something contemporary. Can't quite call up what, though...

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...