Wednesday, August 03, 2011

It turned out to be a neat day. I finished up the "Profile" piece for The Breeze in the morning and called Pat L., the subject. Her computer's down, so I'll bring it over to her to check facts. Called Rose F. to get the phone for the Theatre Company; she dropped it off. I'll ask Lucille B. to record the message about Moon and will write out what I want so she can recite it.
My OT advisor came after lunch, bringing a customized exercise plan and we went over them. She also advised me to keep my head up when I walk, as I tend to look at the ground because I'm afraid of falling over some unperceived object. Ironically, this adds to balance problems. I'm going to be as conscientious as possible to do these exercises regularly.
She then proposed we go to the pool and we did. The water felt wonderful--just cool enough--and we enjoyed it. Had an interesting literary discussion; I told her I was reading, among other books, Joyce Carol Oates' A Widow's Story. I find it gripping, altough highly emotional. I've never read Oates, but my visitor had--in fact, had been a heavy reader of hers for some time. I read little fiction, but think I'll look up some of hers.
Left about 4:00 and walked home. Visitor left and I got my shower and changed. Called precious little "T," the big four-year-old and enjoyed talking to him. Also spoke to N. and said I'd make macaroni for the First Communion party when we go up there in a few weeks.

No comments:

Friday

Weight: home down a pound to 124.4; T.O.P.S., down .03 to 125.2, so okay. The meeting was the usual: therapy session and general chat for mo...