Saturday, October 04, 2008

Well, damn, I'm at the library. My computer suddenly did the same thing it had a few months ago: The picture switched sideways--what's called "landscape" orientation, I think--and I can't get it back to "portrait." I've called Don S., who fixed it before, but he can't come until tomorrow. I'm convinced the problem has to do with my RealArcade games because both times this happened, I was playing either "The Hidden Object Game" or "Wordslinger," then tried to go elsewhere on the Internet. Oh me, oh my, do I have it tough!
Went to Dynasty with Mary Ann yesterday for lunch. I didn't want to go so far as Chatsworth, as Pat had trouble getting up at his usual time. Had--again--Caesar salad with chicken. Ate half, took half home and had it for dinner.
Later: I phased in my Plan B, so went to Weight Watchers after our walk. Was pleased to find I lost 1.8 of the 2.4 I was up last week. Am at 127.8 with a total loss of 71.8.*
Political Note: Wonder if anybody else noticed that the Congress From Hell passed a "defense" (yes, yes, it should be called an "aggression" budget, but we've learned from Orwell and a long line of blood-sucking politicians, haven't we?) budget of more than $600 billion to pour down the bottomless rat hole. May they get what they deserve--but what could be horrific enough?
*Gee, is Mimi obsessive with all these point thises and point thats? Yeah, sure, I admit it, so shoot me.
And what are Plan B and Plan A? Plan A means I get weighed at WW every other Saturday morning. If I lose weight or remain the same, I wait another two weeks to weigh in next. If I gain, I start going every week until I take off the gain--that's Plan B. (Well, it works for me!)

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...