Friday, March 23, 2007

Got a charge out of Pat McH. R.'s comment of yesterday--as Dee wrote, I can just see myself doing exactly what she did! And I might laugh later, but initially, I'd yell and stomp around and believe for a few minutes I was the world's biggest klutz. (Pat, did you know they sell liners for crockpots? So much easier with no clean-up.)
The endocrinologist told Pat to use a scale to adjust his insulin intake and zeroed in on his sugar in the afternoon. Pat said he took a tangerine to the bay and Doc recommended an apple, instead--said tangerines are full of sugar. Pat and I solomnly received this information, nodding our heads, not mentioning the Tastycakes he regularly has for lunch dessert.
I woke up this morning with a headache; unusual for me, but I took a Tylenol clone and it's easing up. Susan and Walter came back from San Diego late yesterday, so I'll knock on their door at 7:00--softly--to see if she wants to walk. It's her birthday (65) and Barb H. and I will take her out to lunch some day after Barb and Ray get back from Pittsburgh on Monday.
Today, Marge and I are going to lunch--as ever, I'm looking forward to seeing her. We always have lots to talk about and she's one of those "can tell her anything and she's never judgemental" friends--the comfortable kind.
We got a charming invitation for a party the day before Easter--from little Harper V.S., 6-month-old granddaughter of Frank and Barb D. next door. I responded with an acceptance signed "The Grandparents of Vivian Myumi." Harper and her parents will be visiting from North Carolina.
I may have forgotten to mention earlier that I'm going to model at the Women's Club luncheon at Smithville Inn in May. Only in an over-55 community would this short, tubby, far-from-gorgeous person be asked to model, so I'm thrilled. We get the clothes from Penney's and can pick them out ourselves. We don't have to buy them, but if we want to, we get deep discounts and boy, do I need summer clothes. The theme is cruise wear, casual, but elegant, and I'm envisioning soft chiffons in bright colors that will take off 40 pounds instantly. Can't wait to find those outfits!

4 comments:

iloveac said...

I can see it now...Loretta Young/aka RBM in her chiffon. Sounds like lots of fun. It sounds like you live in a neat area with lots of 'goings on' and fun folks to do things with.
I can't believe your Pat doesn't get into more trouble with what he eats and his Diabetes. However, I fully understand where he's coming from....one more thing to give up...I LOVE TastyKakes and am not sure at this point I'd give them up either.

Rosa, I hate to admit this to you, but my crockpot came with a liner...and it was into the liner that I put the chicken, broth etc. Not too scmhart, am I.

Dee's Blog said...

I bought crockpot liners over two months ago and have used the crockpot at least a dozen times and I forget I have the darn liners. Do they really help? I don't find cleaning the pot that much of a problem. What I did buy that I love but keep forgetting to replace them. The aluminum foil, non stick I use them in casserole dishes. For instance when I BBQ ribs or chicken in the oven, golly what a mess it made of the dish. This foil is wonderful, I'll never be without it again.

Mimi said...

You're so right about the foil, dee. I use it all the time and, if what I'm making is unusually sticky, I also spray with Pam. I actually put the box of liners in the crockpot itself, as I had been forgetting them, too.
Pat, I'm confused. Not sure if you're referring to the porcelain (or whatever) lift-out "liner" or what. I meant the clear plastic, disposable liners you buy separately.

iloveac said...

Mine is two parts ....the crockery part that holds the food and then is placed in the liner (heating element). Anyhow I put the food into the cooking element (liner) then noticed I had the crockery still on the counter. Later, I looked at the so named 'liner' to see what it is called and it says "do not place anything is this liner." I did it inadvertently hence, fluid all over the counter, down the cabinets, into the cabinet and onto the floor.
Today I looked at the instruction booklet (proctor silex) and it identifies this liner as the base. Now you can visualize what I did wrong.
I will look for the clear plastic liners you mention although this crockery pot goes nicely into the dishwasher. Thanks for the tip.

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...