Sunday, November 28, 2010

Headed over to Atlantic County to my new fav, Produce Junction. They had large, beautiful poinsettias for three dollars and I bought two, which now grace the foyer. Picked up veggies, also. Went to Babies 'R' Us (whatever marketing genius came up with that name and the other ones should be drawn and quartered.) Got funny little soft figures for V. and V. for Christmas; they sing and their mouths move. Stopped at Shop-Rite, then at the cemetery.
Rest of the afternoon was poky. I made a big salad and cut up red potatoes; added onions and garlic and put in the small slow cooker. Made the momentous decision to add some meat to my diet, at least twice a week or so. Thawed and fried a hamburger and had that for dinner with the potatoes and, oh boy, were they good.
High point of the day was a call from Mike and the precious little girls. Violet told me she goes to school (some kind of play school, I guess) and showed me her "baby" a very peculiar looking stuffed something--looked like a negative panda to me. Vivian, that live wire, was bouncy as ever. Mike assured me she aced her spelling test and she complied when I asked her to spell "cat." (What else do first-graders spell? Dunno.) Can't wait to see them next month.

No comments:

Saturday

Instead of taking my usual sandwich when I meet Diane for lib lunch, I made a salad. Walked over the footbridge, dropped the book off at the...