Sunday, April 08, 2007

Went next door to Frank and Barbara's for the dessert and coffee afternoon party yesterday and had a lovely time. Pat was able to come and enjoyed it so much, too. Barbara had a wonderful array of cakes, cookies, breads, cheesecake, fruit, and so on--all homemade. Little Harper, 6 months old, was introduced to the neighborhood and placidly sat on this lap and that without a peep of protest. She has about as much hair as my Alison had, meaning hardly any. Ain't got no teeth, either, but I assume all this will change.
Later, I was so touched: Pat said he was "going out" and I thought he meant to the bay, but he went and got me a beautiful big pot of daffodils for Easter. That would be a simple thing for anybody else, but he gets so short of breath when he moves around that it isn't simple for him. His gift meant a lot to me.
Got a nice "Happy Easter" e-mail from Ellen and one from cousin Marifran in Cincinnati. Ellen's going to Betty's daughter, Carolyn's, today for the traditional Gamble Easter gathering. We're going to Alison's--not sure what Mike and Paula are doing, as they're vacationing in the Philippines. As for Patrick, I heard from him yesterday and he didn't even know it would be Easter today.
Just looked at the calendar and saw I have something scheduled every day this week until Friday. That's okay as they're mostly fun things, including meeting Muckie for lunch on Wednesday.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

You really have nice neighbors. Wish we had those kind of get togethers.
We've had a few, but not like y'all.

I know what you mean about Pat's gift. The unexpected, unanticipated suprise gifts are many times the best of all.

Happy Easter to you two!

Saturday

Instead of taking my usual sandwich when I meet Diane for lib lunch, I made a salad. Walked over the footbridge, dropped the book off at the...