Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Luncheon

During our walk, Susan asked if I wanted to ride with her and Bessie to the women's club Christmas luncheon, so I did.  It was at The Carriage House in Galloway, a beautiful big white building and a wonderful place for gatherings.  Food was good, service excellent, and I had a terrific time.  Sat with Mary, Lee, Anita, Alice, and Judy, women with whom I'm friendly, but not intimate. 
As favors, everyone got a gift card for ten bucks to either Acme or Shop-Rite.  Don't know who thought of it, but it's a terrific idea, much better than the candles and others of that ilk that of which everyone already has a slew.  (Sorry, Sister Gabriel, that was an awkward sentence.)
Home about 4:00, I got a call from Sherry, of Our Gang Players, in answer to my question about where auditions for Arsenic And Old Lace would be held tonight.  It's at a school in Barnegat from 6 to 7:30 and I'm pretty sure I'll try out.  Got a call from Aline, who said she isn't auditioning for a speaking part, but wants to go anyway, in case there's a "face in the crowd" possibility for her. 
I had run into Aline's sister, Susan, at the post office earlier and she asked if I wanted to go to the Democratic Club's dinner tomorrow night.  Told her I was an independent, but would consider it and decided I'll go.  Told Aline I will and will give her the twenty bucks tonight.  Spent the balance of the day researching some Arsenic quotes and working up a "theatre resume" to give the director.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...