Thursday, December 17, 2009

Good fun yesterday: After Ellen went to school,sister Betty picked me up and drove me back to Santa Barbara. We spent most of the day at Mike's SB "cottage" and the kids' park, along with Carolyn and her Finn, 8, and Claire, 3 and, of course, Vivian and Violet. I stayed over at Betty's and we had a great sisterly time together, enjoying Chinese at a restaurant full of red, gold, lavish drapes, and high prices. It looked like what I think of as a brothel, but having never seen one, I may be wrong.
Only drawback was that I've caught the cold that both Ellen and Paula have; have a bad sore throat. Decided I won't go to Finn's holiday show tonight and I'm pretty sure Ellen won't want to, either. She probably has had enough of elementary school.
Today, I left Betty at her place to do some paperwork and met Mike and entourage in SB business district. We had a fine time strolling on a beautiful sunny day in this stunningly beautiful city. Paula bought some clothes for the little girls and I got a new memory card for my camera. We then parted and Betty picked me up. We had lunch at a terrific place called "Harry's," then she drove me home and here I am, waiting for Ellen.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...