Saturday, March 04, 2017

T.O.P.S. And Lion

Wow--went to T.O.P.S. and found I had lost 5.4 pounds!
Of course, that was my first week of Getting Serious and I'm savvy enough about weight loss to know a lot of it is water, but still--it gave me a lift. I was "the biggest loser," which meant I got to chose from the goody box. However, there wasn't much I wanted in there, so I chose some Christmas cheese knives with little gnomes on them. I'll drop them off at the thrift store next time I go.
T.O.P.S. itself is getting less and less relevant. I'm afraid the word "focus," is foreign to leader Lolly; yesterday, there were long, long digressions into various medical conditions, Bob's trip to Oregon, and Sharon's father-in-law's desire to end his 93-year-old life. My little gift to Sharon did go over big. Also, Louisa found the giveaway shoes didn't fit her, so asked if I wanted them. I did and they're a spiffy red casual pair.
Home for breakfast, then I called Coreen, the artist phone friend who's 89 and has cancer. She had a year of chemo; now it has spread to her bowel and she's on radiation. We had a nice talk and I said I'd call her on Monday, as I will my other "friends" of that genre.
Met Nancy at the movie in town at 1:30. We saw Lion, a wonderfully absorbing story--we both loved it. Went to Happy Hour at Dargan's Irish Restaurant right after and stayed talking until almost 5:30. I had a glass and a half of Chardonnay and Nancy had a salmon cake appetizer, along with the same to drink. I explained to her that I wasn't actually hungry, so didn't want to order--or eat--anything. Too often, I would just to be sociable or because it was expected, but now that I'm getting serious about losing, I reject that idea.
Didn't get home until 6:00 and I just had a big bowl of dump soup for dinner, along with the rest of my homemade applesauce. Sketchy meal, but it worked for me.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...