Monday, January 18, 2016

Fun Day

My friend, Nancy, called early and we had a long talk, mostly about the various problems connected with health care. I can't understand why her supplemental insurance is refusing to pay for the infusions her hematologist prescribed; her cost would be a hefty two fifty a month more--whew! We'll see each other at the Widder dinner tonight and at the Golden Girls lunch in Ojai on February 7.
Overall, it was very much a fun day. El came over about 1:0 and we measured the (minimal) space for my sofa. She did a few other things for me, then we went out to look for a sofa. At the first place we visited, only a few miles away, we found what I think I favor. It's a floor model, charcoal gray, not a sleep sofa, but that probably wouldn't have room to open up, anyway. It's long enough for me to stretch out on and if I should have overnight company, I'd probably sleep on it and give the guest my bedroom. Charcoal wasn't my first choice for color, but come to think of it, I plan to have my black-framed, b/w pictures hung over the sofa and that would go very nicely. It comes with two large off-white and black/grey pillows, which I'd probably use elsewhere in favor of others. We had other places to look, so left there and drove to Oxnard.
But first things first: We went to The Olive Garden where we had a yummy and leisurely lunch (me shrimp and a Shock Top), courtesy of a gift card I had gotten for Christmas. After that, we went to another furniture store, but saw nothing I'd want to buy. Back at my place, we measured again and I think I'm probably going to get the one from the first place. We moved a few chairs around, then El and I parted after an afternoon of fun excursions together.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...