Friday, February 01, 2008

Picked up Mary Ann Van O. for lunch and we went to the re-opened little restaurant in the strip mall behind Rite-Aid. M.A. had soup and a half-sandwich and I had "Greek salad." It's in quotes because the Greeks would never recognize it. Essentially, it consisted of iceberg (ugh!) lettuce, ordinary canned black olives, a few cubes of feta, and oil and vinegar dressing. That's about as Greek as Al Pacino. Reminded me of restaurants who give you "Caesar salad" with tomatoes in it.
To add i. to i., I asked for decaf hazelnut coffee, and they don't carry it. The name of the place, which I can't recall, includes the word, "ground" and strongly suggests coffee. Gee, you can get decaf hazelnut at any Wawa--it's not that exotic. (Oh, quit yer bitchin' Rosemary, and get on with it.)
Mary Ann and I caught up with one another's COPD-ridden lives. Her Bart is about the same, as is Pat, and we're both just hangin' in. Pat H. and her son came in and we chatted with them for a time. Her husband just had stents put in and was coming home shortly.
Dropped Mary Ann off about 2:15, then took Pat up to SOCH for his radiation. He was taken right away and we were out by 3:00.
Got a nice e-mail message from new library friend, Janice. She has dystonia, a neuro-muscular disease, but still manages to have a pretty full life. Has a determinedly cheery attitude, too. She told me that Rose's breed is actually spelled "Tonkinese." For all you Absecon Islanders: I want to mention that Janice was born and brought up in the Inlet and went to Massachusetts Avenue School and ACHS.
Checked the Outdoor Club hiking schedule again. The problem is, so many are pretty far away and, because of Pat's condition, I'm uneasy straying beyond a certain distance. I have my eye on Monday, February 11, at Brenden Byrne Park, only about 20 minutes away. That's Pat's birthday, but I assume we'll celebrate it the day before, so think I'll go on that one.
Note: The spell check on this damn site hasn't been working, which I noticed yesterday, too. And after all I pay for this blog! Oh, that's right, I don't pay anything--guess I'll just have to live with it and so will you, gentle reader.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...