Thursday, September 10, 2009

Busy and enjoyable day yesterday. Went to Suzanne M.'s in Mt. Laurel to have lunch at her place with sister Betty and Helen C. Said goodbye to Betty, who's on her way back to California today. Got home after five and just had a cauliflower for dinner.*
Had my first acting class last night. Tara led the class of about twelve. Jane and I improvised a scene involving a valise and various objects, then we were assigned a "director" and did it over. We were also given short two-person scenes to rehearse and present next week. I play "Dot," an irritable old lady--hey, that's art imitating life--and Sandi, who lives nearby, plays my daughter. Considering the fact she's certainly less than 10 years younger than I am, it's a stretch, but okay.
Was asked to play Mz. Leeds, mother of the Jersey Devil, in the murder mystery show, and accepted with pleasure. Unfortunately, it looks as if the place we were going to have it wants to wait until April. Too bad, as it would be perfect right before Halloween.
Got a call from brother Larry inviting me to come to Florida for his and his huge family's annual Disney World trip. However, I may go to California, or possibly Singapore, so declined, but said I'd like to go after the first of the year.
Was frustrated when I got a "chat" message on Facebook from dear Delaware friend, Lynne C. because I don't know how to respond. Hope she'll fill me in and I hope we can meet for lunch soon, too.
* Well, Suzanne served a wonderful lunch of Salad Nicoise (that may not be the way to spell it; it's pronounced "Salad Knee-shwah"), using salmon instead of tuna, and I ate every scrap. Also had several glasses of white wine and dessert of angel food cake, berries, and whipped cream, so didn't want to add calories for dinner. Incidentally, I ate the entire whole head of steamed cauliflower--when I comes to veggies, I'm insatiable.

No comments:

Friday

Weight: home down a pound to 124.4; T.O.P.S., down .03 to 125.2, so okay. The meeting was the usual: therapy session and general chat for mo...